Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Walking Because I Can!


Day 1

Today was the first day of the challenge and I passed with flying colors! So far I've walked 11,705 steps. I am proud of myself and I want to keep walking.

What helped me reach my goal today?

Today I walked because I could. So many people have injured or lost one or both of their legs in terror attacks and can’t walk. I, thank G-d, am so lucky to have two feet to walk on. Today as I watch the most gruesome pictures on Facebook and the news from yesterday's attack I am especially thankful to be alive and well and WALKING.

This morning I saw a post on Facebook from one of my friends. She wrote...

“Until now, I wanted to qualify for Boston just to know that I could — I had no desire whatsoever to actually run it. I've changed my mind. When I qualify, I WILL run Boston.”

I don’t want to qualify for the Boston Marathon or any marathon, EVER.

I do want to walk.

I want to walk in honor of those that were maimed and killed yesterday in Boston by terrorists and those in Israel who have been maimed and killed by terrorist.

Today I walked because I could.


2 comments: