Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Wednesday Is NOT My Day!

Wednesday is not my day!

It is my longest day of the week. It starts with a weekly scheduled conference call which is scheduled for 1 hour and always goes for at least 2 hours and sometimes even 3 (like today). That's not the hard part. The hard part is I have to be at my desk early to get some work time in before the call and then I spend most of the afternoon catching up on missed call, emails and of course follow up from the meeting. At 3:40PM I go to the carpool line where I try to catch up one more emails and messages until the kids get out at 4PM. We then rush home to have a snack and do as much homework as we can before 4:40PM when we need to leave for baseball practice which is every Wednesday night from 5:00 - 6:30 PM. At some point by now dinner needs to have been made or at least put in the oven so that when we get home we can eat, shower, finish homework and get the kids to bed. Our regularly scheduled 7:00/7:30PM bedtime turns into 8:00/8:30PM bedtime. Making this my longest day and therefor not my favorite day of the week. 

Now add in the challenge. 

How am I supposed to get in my walking for the day if I 
  • couldn't walk before work
  • spent the entire morning on a conference call
  • spent the after school hours watching practice
  • didn't get the kids into bed until 8:30PM which in North Miami Beach is too late to go out walking

The whole day I was thinking about how I can walk around the field while watching Dovi practice. Well, not this field. Unless I'm running the bases there is no place out of the way to walk around and so I looked at the benches where I usually sit and then back at my Fitbit and said to myself I'm gonna need to climb these benches. 

photo.JPG

And so these benches where I usually sit became my walking partner. Followed by my walker in training, Leora, I walked across and up and down those benches  and I don't care what the other moms thought.

photo.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment