Thursday, April 18, 2013

Walking To The Other Side Of Town


Day 3

This morning I managed a walk with my husband around the canal a block away from our house. A walk to the canal, around and back is 2.5 miles and a GREAT way to start Day 3 of my walking challenge. By 9AM I was half way through to the 5,000 mark. Everything was going great until my son came home with a massive headache. He was likely dehydrated and so we spent the rest of the afternoon inside instead of outside like we usually do.

So at 7:30PM after the kids were in bed and it was still light out I decided to walk to do an errand I hadn't done all week. I had to pick up a letter from someone on 7th Court which in North Miami Beach is the "other side of town" from where we live on 12th Court.

I always laugh when people say the other side of town. Here that means the other side of 10th Avenue which is the main road that runs through this section of town. In New Jersey a walk across town meant walking from River Road to Country Club or from Bergenfield to South of Cedar which is about 3 miles one way. This is North Miami Beach and the other side of town is exactly 10 blocks away or 3/4 of a mile one way or 1.5 miles round trip. I walked and when I got back I had just met my goal of 10,000 steps. I guess its good to live in a small town where you can walk from one end to the other in 10 minutes because had it been farther I probably wouldn't have walked!

All in all mission accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment