Sunday, April 21, 2013

Publix


Day 6

Today I learned 5 new things about Publix

1. The lights in the freezer section are controlled by motion sensors and they go on and off when you walk by.
2. The cleaning isle smells amazing.
3. There is a corner of Publix dedication to wine.
4. Lots of people take their blood pressure in Publix
5. It takes 756 steps to walk up and down every isle from one end to the other.

That's right! Today I walked Publix...from one end to the other...6 times.



Today is Sunday which means no work (officially) which should give me plenty of time for walking. However since I had all day to get my walking in I pretty much postponed it all day. I had done about 50% of my required steps by 5 PM but I knew I needed to get out for a walk and Turnberry Circle in Aventura was my chosen destination. Just as soon as the kids were in bed I'd drive to Aventura and walk 1 time around which I think is about 3 miles.

Well after dinner and bath time my husband says "its raining". Apparently this is the season where it pours ever day for about an hour. If I wait out the rain it will be dark and I wont be able to walk. Plan B was to walk in the Aventura Mall but I have no idea what time the mall closes on Sunday.

So I headed to Publix and walked up and down I had reached my goal. Yes this is one of the stranger things I've done but I'm glad I didn't succumb to watching the Heat Game on the couch with my husband and not walking!

No comments:

Post a Comment